Thursday, September 9, 2010

This Bites


In my unprofessional opinion I’m some sort of allergic to the mosquitoes here. After going to the North, I’ve come back with tons of mosquito bites that have become infected. I have several bites that puss daily and one got so bad that my whole leg became sore for a few days. I will admit that I’ve caved to some itching but really I’ve tired very hard not to scratch. Plus, I don’t know anyone else who has such bad bites as I do. I know that I will surely get a scar from the big one on my left leg but I just hope they heal soon. I’ve been treating them daily with Neosporin.
I call the mosquitoes here ninja-squitoes because they are slightly smaller and much quieter than mosquitoes in the states. They sneaky and sly and I hate them.

On a more dramatic note, malaria has struck in our hostel. This German guy that lives a floor below me and Sean (my USAC friend) both have malaria. For reasons of their own, they were both not taking prophylactics and I have yet to hear of anyone taking the pills to get malaria but having friends get it makes the threat of malaria seem much more real.

No comments:

Post a Comment