Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The game of who's screwed the worse

The strike ended shortly after my last post. The government agreed to pay the professors or something like that. It’s been frustrating here with the lack of communication and I can’t help but get the feeling no one knows what will happen next and the selected few who might are not willing to share. There’s been talk that the semester will be extended and therefore exam dates altered. This puts a bit of anxiety on us international students that have home-bound planes to catch. If this was a game of who’s getting screwed the most, I’d say international students are now winning. In several of my classes we are going over material that the Ghanaian students missed during the strike. One of my professors basically said international students shouldn’t bother coming to class for next two weeks. Plus, the old exam schedule, the one which I planed my travels around, has been rendered useless and replaced with a looming question mark which makes it impossible to make any travel plans. Meanwhile there’s been talk about cramming exams into one week for international students (usually exams span about a month).
While this little rant may make me appear quite bitter am not actually as salty as it would seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment